We often get asked what accreditations Saint James has as a medical school.
Our medical school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools with an ECFMG® Sponsor Note. For the graduation years indicated in the Sponsor Note, our students and graduates are eligible to apply to ECFMG for ECFMG Certification and USMLE® as a step towards ECFMG Certification.
The school is listed in the International Medical Education Directory produced by FAIMER.
The School is also is accredited by various other international bodies as follows:
- The Medical Council of Canada (MCC) has granted permission to students of Saint James School of Medicine to sit for all qualifying examinations required to obtain a license to practice medicine in Canada.
- The Department of Health Professions of the Israeli Ministry of Health has granted permission to students of Saint James School of Medicine to appear for all qualifying examinations required to obtain licensing to practice medicine in Israel.
- The Anguilla school was granted a charter in 2008 and received provisional accreditation from the United Kingdom and the Caribbean Authority for Education in Medicine (CAAM-HP).
When will Saint James be accredited by the US Department of Education?
This is one of the top questions we get asked, as it affects our students’ ability to get a US Federal loans, as well as which states in the US they can practice in, once they graduate.
Only the four oldest Caribbean medical schools are currently approved for US Federal loans. Saint James is currently going through the long approval process required to get a US federal code.
Saint James has applied for accreditation by the NVAO (Netherlands Flemish Accreditation Organization). The Bonaire school was visited by the NVAO assessment team at the end of May, following a two year application process, and we are confident that we are in a good position to receive their approval.
Once we have received accreditation by the NVAO we will then apply to the US DOE (Department of Education) for their recognition. Once we are recognized by the DOE and have our DOE number, we will then apply to California and other states to have our graduates accepted for licensure.
Affordable MD Programs with USMLE prep and clinicals in the United States
Saint James School of Medicine offers its growing number of students a real alternative to the high fees and even higher competition of American medical schools.
Saint James offers high quality premedical and MD Programs for some of the lowest fees in the Caribbean. After four semesters studying Basic Sciences at one of our Caribbean schools; our medical students do their USMLE prep and clinical rotations in US hospitals. Our graduates are eligible to become a doctor in the United States or Canada. We do not require the MCAT.
– Some of the lowest fees in the Caribbean
– No MCAT required.
– Close knit, supportive community
– Tutoring, mentoring and one on one guidance
– Rotate alongside medical students from top US schools
– Graduates in residencies in the US and Canada
– 80%-90% residency match.
– Work in the US or Canada
If you would like more information on how Saint James School of Medicine can make your dream of becoming a physician a reality, please complete our short information form and one of our admissions advisors will contact you. Alternatively you can call us on 800-542-1553.
Accelerate your future in medicine with our affordable MD Program