There’s a growing need for qualified physicians in the U.S. At Saint James, you’ll find a world-class medical education that offers the same curriculum and meets the same rigorous standards as American and Canadian medical schools. It’s fair to say that the primary difference is our Caribbean location – and that offers some unique advantages:
- Our islands are small. And so are our class sizes and faculty-to-student ratio. It’s easy to make friends, get to know your professors and feel at home.
- The pace of life is relaxed and welcoming – the perfect antidote to the demands and stresses that come with studying medicine.
- American medical schools are trying to increase diversity. Saint James already has a diverse student body, a multi-national faculty, and a close-knit multicultural environment. You’ll gain the cultural competence you’ll need as a U.S. or Canadian physician.
- You’re in the tropics, and it’s in the 80’s year-round. How many other places can you go down to the beach with your textbooks and study while the waves roll in and steady trade winds cool you?
- Everywhere you look, you’re surrounded by extraordinary tropical beauty. When you have free time, it’s easy to stay active and enjoy everything a vibrant island life offers. The possibilities are endless, where you can windsurf, snorkel, golf, explore, and kick back at beachside restaurants.
When you arrive, we’ll help you get acclimated. Our “Buddy Program” will pair you with a current Saint James student who’ll help you settle in. A quality medical education in a very special setting: that’s the Saint James difference.