Medical school is expensive, and no more so than in America. According to the Washington Post, the average cost of a medical education at a U.S. public institution has risen 312% over the last 20 years. In 2018, average tuition and fees amount to $138,400 per degree in-state and $196,000 per degree out-of-state.
At Saint James School of Medicine, we believe a high-quality medical education should be accessible to everyone with the ability and the commitment to succeed. That’s why we offer one of the most affordable MD programs among all accredited Caribbean medical schools, with tuition and fees averaging $78,000.
And for the money, Saint James provides the same high-quality medical education and meets the same rigorous standards as U.S. and Canadian medical schools – as well as offering additional advantages. At Saint James, we deliver:
- Two well-equipped Caribbean medical campuses
- An accredited medical program recognized by CAAM-HP, Medical Council of Canada and is Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates certified
- A high-quality, internationally experienced faculty
- Small class sizes and a low student-to-faculty ratio
- A close-knit, supportive community
- USMLE Step 1 Guarantee
- Tutoring, mentoring and one-on-one guidance
- Clinical rotations that are guaranteed at ACGME-approved hospitals in the U.S. and Canada
Graduating from medical school with a manageable student debt frees you to pursue a career inspired by your love of medicine with fewer worries about the future.
“I had to fund my education on my own,” says SJSM graduate Dr. Nicole Asdell. “So I wanted to go to a school that was accredited, but I didn’t want to have to pay an arm and a leg to do so.”
Fellow graduate Dr. Nirav Nagarsheth agrees. “When I see my loans compared to some of the residents I matched with, their loans are extremely high compared to mine. That’s one of the advantages [of Saint James]. I’ll be paying off my loans much sooner.”
Studying at Saint James School of Medicine is a great way to start your medical career with less debt. Choose Saint James and see just how truly valuable your education becomes.
If you have any questions about tuition and other costs, the team at SJSM is happy to help. Please call 800-542-1553.
The Advantages of Studying Medicine in the Caribbean