Saint James School of Medicine offers you a high quality medical education at an affordable price, a credible alternative to medical universities in Canada. SJSM support you every step of the way from entry into the program all the way through residency to ensure your success.
TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE SAINT JAMES
- Receive the same high-quality medical education and opportunities as US and Canadian medical schools, at 1/3 the cost
- Recognized by the Medical Council for Canada
- We are the first Caribbean medical school to provide a USMLE Step 1 Pass Guarantee.
- Lowest tuition among all accredited medical schools, with tuition from $6,100 per semester
- Scholarship, Loan options and credit lines for Canadian students
- MCAT optional
- Three enrollment periods a year. Start your studies when you choose
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Clinical rotations are guaranteed at ACGME approved hospitals
- High match rate. Our graduates are currently working in Canadian and U.S. hospitals in a wide array of specialties. Please find a sample list of our residents SJSM Residency List
RECOGNIZED BY THE MEDICAL COUNCIL FOR CANADA
Saint James School of Medicine is recognized by the Medical Council for Canada. This means that our Canadian students are eligible to sit Medical Council of Canada examinations and apply for their Licentiate.
Canadians who study medicine at Saint James are:
- Eligible to sit the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE)
- Eligible to sit Part I and II of the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) for the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
Saint James School of Medicine is an accredited Caribbean medical school:
- Our medical school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools with an ECFMG® Sponsor Note. For the graduation years indicated in the Sponsor Note, our students and graduates are eligible to apply to ECFMG for ECFMG Certification and USMLE® as a step towards ECFMG Certification.
- Listed in the International Medical Education Directory by FAIMER
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools
CANADIAN FINANCE OPTIONS
Saint James School of Medicine accepts student loans issued through the Canadian government. We encourage Canadian applicants to apply for loans through their local governments. Information can be found at the link below, but please don’t hesitate to contact our Student Finance department (email@example.com.) with additional questions.
When applying for a loan, please reference our school code: QUWH
Student credit lines are also available for qualified students , offering up to $150,000 CAD. These credit lines have easy application processes, and attractive repayment options.
Bank of Montreal: Call 780 408 0007
OPEN HOUSE EVENTS IN CANADA
Join us for an open house events in Canada. These are a great opportunity to meet our faculty, graduates and our admissions team. Find out when the next open house event near you on our open house events page, and sign up for events online.
APPLY TO SAINT JAMES SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
You can start your medical studies in January, May, or September. If you’d like to apply to Saint James, it only takes five minutes to complete your application form online. Your admissions advisor will then help you through the application process.