Canadian medical schools are fiercely competitive. The acceptance rate for first-time medical program applicants in Canada is around 25%. Saint James School of Medicine offers you a high quality medical education at an affordable price, a credible alternative to medical universities in Canada. SJSM support you every step of the way from entry into the program all the way through residency to ensure your success.
TEN REASONS TO CHOOSE SAINT JAMES
- Receive the same high-quality medical education and opportunities as US and Canadian medical schools, at 1/3 the cost
- Recognized by the Medical Council for Canada
- We are the first Caribbean medical school to provide a USMLE Step 1 Pass Guarantee.
- Lowest tuition amongst all accredited medical schools, with tuition from $5,950 per semester
- Scholarship, Loan options and credit lines for Canadian students
- MCAT optional
- Three enrollment periods a year. Start your studies when you choose
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Clinical rotations are guaranteed at ACGME approved hospitals
- High match rate. Our graduates are currently working in Canadian and U.S. hospitals in a wide array of specialties. Please find a sample list of our residents SJSM Sample Residency List
RECOGNIZED BY THE MEDICAL COUNCIL FOR CANADA
Saint James School of Medicine is recognized by the Medical Council for Canada. This means that our Canadian students are eligible to sit Medical Council of Canada examinations and apply for their Licentiate.
Canadians who study medicine at Saint James are:
- Eligible to sit the Medical Council of Canada Evaluating Examination (MCCEE)
- Eligible to sit Part I and II of the Medical Council of Canada Qualifying Examination (MCCQE) for the Licentiate of the Medical Council of Canada (LMCC)
Saint James School of Medicine is an accredited Caribbean medical school:
- Recognized by the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG)
- Our students can sit for USMLE and apply for ECFMG certification
- Listed in the International Medical Education Directory by FAIMER
- Listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools
CANADIAN FINANCE OPTIONS
As a Canadian student you can apply for student credit lines offering up to $150,000 CAD. These credit lines have easy application processes, and attractive repayment options. For more information about financial assistance for Canadian students please call our Admissions Advisors at 800-542-1553.
OPEN HOUSE EVENTS IN CANADA
Join us for an open house events in Canada. These are a great opportunity to meet our faculty, graduates and our admissions team. Find out when the next open house event near you on our open house events page, and sign up for events online.
APPLY TO SAINT JAMES SCHOOL OF MEDICINE
You can start your medical studies in January, May, or September. If you’d like to apply to Saint James, it only takes five minutes to complete your application form online. Your admissions advisor will then help you through the application process.
“SAINT JAMES IS A VERY AFFORDABLE CARIBBEAN MEDICAL SCHOOL … AND A LOT LESS COMPETITION THAN CANADIAN MEDICAL SCHOOLS. BEING HERE IS A GREAT EXPERIENCE … PEOPLE ARE VERY HELPFUL. THE SCHOOL STAFF AND THE TEACHERS ARE GREAT.”
Canadian student, Dalal, Saint James Anguilla