This scholarship is meant to reward and recognize students who have a potential to excel academically in the study of medicine. Students who meet the criteria listed below can apply for this scholarship before matriculation.
- Score of 480-486 on MCAT taken within 36 months of anticipated start date.
Maintaining the Scholarship:
- Participation in at least one of the school’s clubs or Student Government Association (SGA) during the Basic Science.
- Meeting, or exceeding, the National Average Score in each of the NBME subject shelf examinations during the Basic and Clinical Sciences.
- Must maintain good academic and financial standing with the School.
School reserves the right to revoke any scholarships if the student fails to maintain the above criteria OR if the student is subjected to a disciplinary action and is found responsible by the Disciplinary Committee.
- During Basic Sciences, the student will receive a scholarship equivalent to a $750/$500 discount on tuition for the duration of this portion of the program. Amount based off campus.
- No award will be given during Clinical Sciences.
- Four (4) scholarships will be given each semester per campus. The top students, selected by the Admissions Committee, will be selected for the scholarship for each of the campuses.
Students who meet the criteria can apply for the scholarship by:
- Filling out a scholarship application form that can be found on our website.
- Submitting a 700-800 word essay on the topic of “Impact I plan to make as a medical doctor on my community.”
- Submitting your MCAT score report showing a score of 480-486 and a test date within 36 months from your anticipated start date with SJSM.