The first four semesters of Saint James School of Medicine’s MD Program will help you build a strong foundation for your medical career.
Our Basic Sciences curriculum consists of lectures, research and lab-based teaching at our two Caribbean medical school campuses. All courses are designed in the USMLE format, and study is supplemented with hands-on clinical training at the local hospital whenever possible.
Small class sizes offer you one-on-one attention from our experienced, enthusiastic professors. Tutoring, mentoring and one-on-one guidance are all available. Our supportive student community offers plenty of opportunities for peer-led learning groups.
STUDYING IN THE CARIBBEAN
Saint James has a diverse student body, a multi-national faculty, and a close-knit multicultural environment. Community outreach events like our annual Health Fair offer our students the opportunity to experience what it is like to practice in the local community.
Studying medicine in a different culture offers you many benefits. It can challenge your assumptions, expose you to new ideas and expand your learning opportunities. Interacting with a wide range of people from the very beginning of your medical career can give you more confidence and empathy as a doctor, and make you a better communicator.
THE SAINT JAMES EXPERIENCE
There are rarely better places to study the Basic Sciences than the Caribbean. Our students work hard, then recharge on beautiful beaches. Life is simple, there are few distractions and our students’ excellent results show how successful a top quality Caribbean medical school education can be.
SAINT JAMES OFFERS YOU:
- Two well-equipped Caribbean Medical campuses
- Same high-quality medical education and opportunities as from US and Canadian medical schools, at 1/3 the cost
- Accredited medical program recognized by the ECFMG, CAAM-HP, and Medical Council of Canada
- Lowest tuition amongst all accredited medical schools
- No MCAT required acceptance
- Close-knit, supportive community
- USMLE Step 1 Pass Guarantee.
- Tutoring, mentoring and good one-on-one guidance
- Clinical rotations are guaranteed at ACGME approved hospitals in the U.S. and Canada
“The professors here are incredibly helpful. They reach out if they see that you’re struggling.”
Dr. David Klein, graduate, Saint James School of Medicine
“Medicine was my dream since I was really young … and so I chose to come to Saint James. Tuition is very reasonable. The Caribbean’s a fantastic place to study.”
Cristy, MD2, Saint James St. Vincent