This scholarship is meant to reward and recognize students with graduate level education and who have a potential to excel academically in the study of medicine. Students who meet the criteria listed below can apply for this scholarship before matriculation.
- Student must have an advanced academic degree (i.e. Masters or higher) in a field of Physical Sciences or Life Sciences from an accredited institution.
Maintaining the Scholarship:
- Scoring in the top 40th percentile of the class in all NBME subject shelf examinations during the Basic and Clinical Sciences.
- Must maintain good academic and financial standing with the School.
School reserves the right to revoke any scholarships if the student fails to maintain the above criteria OR if the student is subjected to a disciplinary action and is found responsible by the Disciplinary Committee.
- During Basic Sciences, the student will receive a scholarship equivalent to a $1,250/$1,000 discount on tuition for the duration of this portion of the program. Amount based off campus.
- No award will be given during Clinical Sciences.
- All applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the Advanced Degree Scholarship will be awarded the scholarship, so long as they submit the application and supporting documentation (Explained below).
Students who meet the criteria can apply for the scholarship by:
- Filling out a scholarship application form that can be found on our website.
- Submitting a 700-800 word essay on the topic of “Impact I plan to make as a medical doctor on my community.”
- Submitting official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions showing advanced degree conferred.