This scholarship is meant to reward and recognize students who have displayed academic excellence in the past and have a potential to excel academically in the study of medicine. Students who meet the criteria listed below can apply for this scholarship before matriculation.
- Minimum weighted average GPA of 3.60/4.00 from previous academic institutions.
Maintaining the Scholarship:
- Meeting, or exceeding, the National Average Score in at least half of all NBME subject shelf examinations during the Basic and Clinical Sciences.
- Must maintain good academic and financial standing with the School.
School reserves the right to revoke any scholarships if the student fails to maintain the above criteria OR if the student is subjected to a disciplinary action and is found responsible by the Disciplinary Committee.
- During Basic Sciences, the student will receive a scholarship equivalent to a $500/$350 discount on tuition for the duration of this portion of the program. Amount based off campus.
- No award will be given during Clinical Sciences.
- One (1) scholarship will be given each semester per campus. The top students, selected by the Admissions Committee, will be selected for the scholarship for each of the campuses.
Students who meet the criteria can apply for the scholarship by:
- Filling out a scholarship application form that can be found on our website.
- Submitting a 700-800 word essay on the topic of “Impact I plan to make as a medical doctor on my community.”
- Submitting official transcripts from all previously attended academic institutions. Weighted GPA must meet/exceed 3.6.