MERITIZE STUDENT LOAN
We have partnered with Meritize to provide our students with financing options. With a Meritize loan, you can get credit for your merit and potentially improve your loan options by sharing your academic history, military background, or work experience.
Check your loan options in minutes without impacting your credit score at https://apply.meritize.com
Terms and Conditions apply. Meritize reserves the right to modify or discontinue products and benefits at any time without notice. To qualify, a borrower must have a co-signer, be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident and meet Meritize’s underwriting requirements. If approved for a loan the actual loan amount, term, payment, and APR amount of loan that a customer qualifies for may vary based on credit determination, state law and other factors. Meritize does not warrant or guarantee any claims made herein.
Loan cannot exceed annual value of eligible tuition charges. No fees can be paid with the Meritize loan
DELTA STUDENT LOAN
Delta does not provide grants or scholarships. It is a private company that provides consumer financing. The servicing of the loan is executed by LAUNCH Servicing. In the event that the student defaults on loan payments, the co-signer will also assume full responsibility for payment of such loans. You should carefully evaluate your own financial situation and consider all other options, such as savings or family support, before applying to Delta for a private student loan or accepting any such loans.
SUMMARY OF THE DELTA STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
|Prospective Students||Current Basic Sciences Students||Current Clinical Sciences students|
|Status at application||Reserved a seat/enrolled||Current student||Current student|
|Academic Criteria||Based on academic standing||2.5 GPA min.||Passed USMLE Step 1 exam|
|Minimum payment to Delta*||Interest only for the first 50 months, then full principal and interest||Interest only for the first 50 months, then full principal and interest||Interest only for the first 50 months, then full principal and interest|
|Payments to Saint James*||Varies between campuses||Varies between campuses||$1,412.50/month hospital surcharge, Student liability insurance|
|Fees (per loan)||$100 application fee $100 origination fee on approval||$100 application fee $100 origination fee on approval||$100 application fee $100 origination fee on approval|
|Maximum benefit per semester||$4,500||$4,500||$4,200|
|Full payoff begins||50 months after intial date of loan.|
|Payoff term*||10 years after full repayment begins|
|Interest Rates||9% to 13% Interest rates will vary based on the above criteria.|
|Continuing eligibility||Student must maintain 3.0 GPA, must pass USMLE step 1 within 4 months of completion of MD V, must be in good academic standing, must maintain Hospital surcharge payments as well as difference in tuition payments to the school and must be in good standing with Delta.|
*If a student transfers or leaves before completing the program, loan payoff begins immediately. If a withdrawing/transferring student is due a refund, the refund will first be applied towards any outstanding balance with Delta Financial Solution, Inc.
MPOWER STUDENT LOAN – CLINICAL STUDENTS POST STEP 1
MPOWER Financing is a student lender with a mission to enable high-promise global citizens further their academic and financial aspirations. MPOWER is now accepting tuition loan applications from any student at Saint James School of Medicine, provided they have passed USMLE step 1 .
- Available to all students (from US and outside US) that perform their clinical sciences program in the US or Canada.
- No Cosigner or collateral required: we make our credit decision based off of your future potential
- A fixed rate loan: with fixed rates, you’ll always know what your future payments will look like – you will never be susceptible to unpredictable interest rate fluctuations and your interest rate will never increase
- Build your credit score: because we’re U.S.-based, an MPOWER loan will help you build your credit – this will allow you to access other financial products such as credit cards and will make it easier to apply for off-campus housing
- Career support: we offer extensive career strategy services, such as resume reviews, informational interview facilitation, mock interviews, access to a private job board, and networking opportunities
- Interest only during school plus a 6 month grace period (for a total interest only period of 30 months)
- Loans can range from $2,001 – $50,000
- Tuition only
Applying is easy, with no application fees. And MPOWER loans can also be used to pay for past-due balances (up to 180 days). When applying for a loan on MPower website, please search for St. James School of Medicine.