MERITIZE STUDENT LOAN
We’re excited to announce our new partnership with education lender Meritize!
Meritize offers student loans that provide better rates using students’ academic data to improve their credit evaluation. With a Meritize loan, you can improve your loan terms by sharing your academic profile. Providing your transcript – whether high school, partial or full college or previous skills-based school experience – lets Meritize use your learning history to enhance your credit evaluation and improve your loan options. A cosigner is required and will improve your loan rates.
With a Meritize loan you can
- Use your transcript to enhance your credit and improve your loan options
- Fund the full cost of tuition on your own merit
- Choose affordable fixed or variable rates
- Select the repayment option that works best for you while you attend school – making full payments or making interest-only payments
- Repay your loan over 3, 5, or 10 years
- Avoid prepayment penalty fees if you choose to pay your loan off early
- Get access to free Meritize Career Success Services for job and career support
Things to know about Meritize
|Basic Sciences||Clinical Science|
|Academic Requirement||3.0+ for the last 90 credit hours||3.0+ for the last 90 credit hours|
|Credit Score Requirement*||600+||600+|
|Other Requirements||Reserved a seat or currently enrolled||Must pass USMLE Step 1|
|Max loan**||$6350/$8400 per semester||$9450 per semester|
|Interest Rate||Varies based on academic merit and credit score|
|Loan Term||3, 5, or 10 years|
|Continuing eligibility||Student must maintain 3.0 GPA, must be in good academic standing, must maintain difference in tuition/fee payments to the school.|
|*Borrower and Cosigner must each meet credit score requirement. Other credit considerations will be applied.|
|**Loan cannot exceed annual value of eligible tuition charges. No fees can be paid with the Meritize loan|
DELTA STUDENT LOAN
Delta does not provide grants or scholarships. The company provides loans that should be considered seriously and which must be paid back. In the event that the student defaults on loan payments, the co-signer will also assume full responsibility for payment of such loans. You should carefully evaluate your own financial situation and consider all other options, such as savings or family support, before applying to Delta for a private student loan or accepting any such loans.
SUMMARY OF THE DELTA STUDENT FINANCIAL ASSISTANCE PROGRAM
|Prospective Students||Current Basic Sciences Students||Current Clinical Sciences students|
|Status at application||Reserved a seat/enrolled||Current student||Current student|
|Academic Criteria||Based on academic standing||3.0/4.0 GPA||Passed USMLE Step 1 exam|
|Minimum payment to Delta||Interest only||Interest only||Interest only|
|Payments to Saint James||Varies between campuses||Varies between campuses||$1,237.50/month hospital surcharge, Student liability insurance|
|Processing fee (once approved)||$200 /every 3rd semester, $800 maximum||$200 /every 3rd semester, $800 maximum||$200 /every 3rd semester, $800 maximum|
|Maximum benefit per semester||$4,500||$4,500||$4,200|
|Full payoff begins||6 months after graduation or on 51st month of initial enrollment in Basic Sciences program*|
|Payoff term||10 years|
|Interest Rates||Interest rates will vary based on the above criteria.|
|Continuing eligibility||Student must maintain 3.0 GPA, must pass USMLE step 1 within 4 months of completion of AICM program, must be in good academic standing, must maintain Hospital surcharge payments as well as difference in tuition payments to the school and must be in good standing with Delta.|
*If a student transfers or leaves before completing the program, loan payoff begins immediately. If a withdrawing/transferring student is due a refund, the refund will first be applied towards any outstanding balance with Delta Financial Solution, Inc.
MPOWER STUDENT LOAN – CLINICAL STUDENTS POST STEP 1
MPOWER Financing is a student lender with a mission to enable high-promise global citizens further their academic and financial aspirations. MPOWER is now accepting tuition loan applications from any student at Saint James School of Medicine, provided they have passed USMLE step 1 .
- Available to all students (from US and outside US) that perform their clinical sciences program in the US or Canada.
- No Cosigner or collateral required: we make our credit decision based off of your future potential
- A fixed rate loan: with fixed rates, you’ll always know what your future payments will look like – you will never be susceptible to unpredictable interest rate fluctuations and your interest rate will never increase
- Build your credit score: because we’re U.S.-based, an MPOWER loan will help you build your credit – this will allow you to access other financial products such as credit cards and will make it easier to apply for off-campus housing
- Career support: we offer extensive career strategy services, such as resume reviews, informational interview facilitation, mock interviews, access to a private job board, and networking opportunities
- Interest only during school plus a 6 month grace period (for a total interest only period of 30 months)
- Loans can range from $2,001 – $50,000
- Tuition only
Applying is easy, with no application fees. And MPOWER loans can also be used to pay for past-due balances (up to 180 days).